OUR UNIQUE MISSION
There are several organizations that provide great resources, assistance, and encouragement to individuals and their families going through crisis. The Bigger C is not in competition with these organizations; in fact, we hope to partner with them and facilitate the use of these resources by those we encounter.
The unique mission for the Bigger C is to work within the benefits of these organizations, the cooperative efforts of area churches and concerned Christians to provide the encouragement found in Christ, the Bigger C.
- Prayer from an army of prayer warriors for those who request to be added to the prayer list.
- Daily Devotionals in the form of a daily Note of Encouragement written by our Chaplain David from Streams in the Desert that is available here on the website.
- Support Groups designed to give support and encouragement to one another as we go through crisis together.
- Training Christian Encouragers to be able to apply their experience from their personal journey through crisis by personally walking with others on their journey.
- Celebration Gatherings where we come together to worship, celebrate victories, and share an encouraging message of faith, hope and love, thereby strengthening one another on the journey through crisis with Christ, The Bigger C.
The Bigger C Encouragers started as a West Alabama community-wide, Christian organization offering cancer patients, along with their families and friends, regardless of religious affiliation or belief, an opportunity to come together to share their fears, hopes, and desires for their future welfare. It was a place of Christian fellowship for all affected by cancer to receive hope and encouragement during their time of crisis. The organization extended the love of Christ through His teachings and the warmth of friendship and companionship with people who have gone through or are having the same experience.
It became apparent that the principles of support and encouragement of The Bigger C Encouragers applied to all types of crisis, not just cancer, and the ministry expanded. When Chaplain David Bearden moved his ministry to Stephenville, Texas he started a branch of The Bigger C Encouragers there dealing with all types of Crisis Support – spiritual, health, financial, marriage and family, loss and grief, anger, depression, etc. In all these areas of crisis, Christ is Bigger, and Christians can be great encouragers through the strength, hope and courage they have found in Christ.